Featherstone Estate Winery, VQA Estate Bottled Rosé 2018
- Featherstone Estate Winery
- 48% Merlot, 52% Gamay
- Inv Status:
- In Inventory
- 12.5 %
- Bottle size:
- David Johnson
- A vibrant rosé that combines the amiable characteristics of red grapes with the refreshing dry aspects of a white wine. Ripe red berry fruit aromas reminiscent of cherries, raspberries and strawberries.
- Hand Picked into small 25 kg picking bins allowing the fruit to arrive at the winery’s sorting table intact. Fruit was hand sorted, crushed and destemmed. Cold soak maceration on skins for 5 days and pressed. Juice yield less than 600 litres per tonne and transferred into stainless steel fermentation tank. 36 hours of natural cold settling then racked off gross lees.
- Bronze Medal 2016 All Canadian Wine Championship
- “Hello spring-summer day! Rhubarb-strawberry compote, tinge of sweet raspberry, mostly lovely mouth-watering juiciness. Where are the chicken sandwiches and pate? Lovely ballet slipper pink. Finishes crisp and clean. Rosé food pairings: stuffed peppers, green salads, olives, salty cheese, turkey sandwiches.” 90pts - Natalie MacLean, April 2015 - “A suggestion of sweetness and notions of strawberry rhubarb jam and red paper jelly make this a cheerful pink wine. It’ll sip well lightly chilled or pair with picnic fare like deli meats, grilled bell peppers, olives and mild cheeses. Easy going and fruity.” April 2015