Creekside Estate Winery, VQA Iconoclast Semillon/Sauvignon Blanc 2017
- Creekside Estate Winery
- 58% Sauvignon Blanc, 28% Pinot Gris, 13% Viognier, 1% Chardonnay
- 11 %
- Bottle size:
- Rob Power
- An intriguing, atmospheric walk through the fields on a warm summer’s day: sweetgrass, Honeysuckle flowers, and Lemon Thyme, complexed with a beeswax undertone from the Semillon. The wax appears again on the viscous palate which focuses back into a citrus and herb finish.
- Creekside ferments the majority of the juice as separate vineyard blocks in 100% French oak barrels, and then creates the blend.
- Gold - Ontario Wine Awards
- “An intriguing range of flavours from this intriguing blend bring to mind tropical fruit salad, pears in syrup, pineapple, and a faint background note of gingerbread and wood spice. Decent length and depth. This should appeal widely, even if ultimately the complexity and depth are modest.” Tasted March 2015. - John Szabo MS, Wine Align