Lake Sonoma, Dry Creek Zinfandel 2016
- Lake Sonoma
- 92% Zinfandel, 8% Petite Sirah
- United States
- Inv Status:
- In Transit
- 15.4 %
- Bottle size:
- Aged 18 months in 2/3 French and 1/3 American oak (25% new)
- Well-balanced, fruity, terroir-driven Zinfandel offers robust aromas of berry briar, chocolate, and cherry liquor. Savor hints of cinnamon and blackberry pie on the front end, then a caramelized fruity, oaky mid-palate, and a bold finish of ripe berries, allspice and tannins throughout. This 2013 true-to-style Zinfandel persists long and leaves a silky, luscious, well-rounded mouth feel.
- Dry Creek Valley consists of over 9,000 acres of vineyards that carpet its intimate 16-mile long by 2-mile wide span and home to one of the densest concentrations of Old Vine Zinfandel in the world.It from here that the largely-Old Vine Zinfandel grapes are hand-selected and crafted into rich, memorable wines.
- World Wine Awards of Canada 2015 - Gold ValueBronze, Sonoma County Harvest Fair