Beaumont des Crayeres, Grand Prestige NV
- Beaumont des Crayeres
- 40% Chardonnay, 40% Pinot Noir and 20% Pinot Meunier
- 12 %
- Bottle size:
- Subtle, delicate and voluptuous. Pale yellow colour with glints of gold, very fine and lively bubbles. Elegant nose, with a fruity complex of cherry, peach, honey, biscuit and spices. In the mouth, fresh and well balanced, with grapefruit and cherry notes. The finish is long and elegant.
- Dosage is 10g/l, aged 3 years in bottle prior to disgorgement. Cooperative that began in 1955. They own 85 ha. in the heart of Champagne surrounding Epernay.
- Gold Medal, Concours Général Agricole 2016
Gold Medal, Gilbert & Gaillard 2016
SilverMedal, International Wine Challenge 2016
Silver Medal, Decanter WWA 201690 points, Wine Spectator 2014
- Steve Thurlow – This is a mature fairly intense complex Champagne for a good price (for Champagne). It is made from a fairly common blend of the three Champagne grapes, chardonnay 40%, pinot noir 40% and pinot meunier 20%. Expect harmonious aromas of dried pear and pineapple fruit with toasted nuts, brioche, and lemon. It is medium bodied and finely balanced with excellent length. Given the depth of flavour and its savoury nature plus the vibrant acidity, this is a wine to dine with. Try with rich seafood dishes or white meats with creamy sauces. Tasted August 2016. Good for Wine Pooling.