Featherstone Estate Winery, VQA Cuvee Joy 2013
- Featherstone Estate Winery
- 100% Chardonnay
- Inv Status:
- In Inventory
- Bottle size:
- David Johnson
- Aromas of apples and citrus, and a palate of a hint of stone fruit with lemon curd and a lime yogurt.
- Fruit was hand sorted, crushed and destemmed. Cold soak maceration on skins for two days. Cold fermentation in stainless steel. Cuvée Joy is a true, classic méthode traditionnelle sparkling wine in the style of the best Champagne houses of France. This bubbly is a ‘blanc de blancs’ (white from whites), made only from Chardonnay grapes.
- Bronze medal - 2016 Intervin International Wine Awards
- “From the festooned crown-cap closure to the very last bubble, this Chardonnay – Traditional Method sparkler’s a winner. It delivers persistent, fine-bead bubbles and aromas of orchard fruit and citrus. Stylish and flavourful, the palate’s treated to lively river of lemon curd and lime yoghurt interlaced with nectarine and notions of Granny Smith apple carried along by oodles of delightful bubbles. It finishes crisp, refreshing and value packed. Bravo!” 4.5 Stars - June 2015